Monday, September 26, 2005

Autumn 2005

There is something about the fall of the year that is bewitching, bewildered and refreshing. Over the weekend, we were relaxing and catching the view of our quaint backyard. Nestled around the perimeter is a Giant Oak, an Elm, a Magnolia, and a few other smaller oaks which provide a screen from the surrounding neighborhood, a natural privacy fence, so to speak. As with everything, sooner or later, the leaves begin to fall and thus, removing that natural privacy, opening our yard to the view of everyone else...Not that we are streaking in the backyard, but obscurity has its merits.

Autumn is my favorite season, sparking my passion with all that comes with it, from the Fair, Festivals, Raking and Burning leaves...Bonfires...and of course, my birthday...Samhain or to the novice or un-wise...Halloween. Spooks, Jack-O-Lanterns, Screech Owls, Trick or Treat...(although vulgarly commercial)and of course, a contradiction of the real meaning. The true meaning of course is basically a celebration "In memory of"...our deceased relatives and friends. It is said that The eve of Halloween (All Hallows Eve) is a time when the veil is the thinnest between the worlds.

It also heralds, from ancient times, the final harvest...gathering up the last grains and vegetables from summer, and readying the ground for it's deep winter's sleep.

It's also the beginning of honoring birthdays in my world. EVERYBODY in my family seems to be Autumn Babes....My Mom, My Dad, My sisters, My kids, .it just goes on and on and on and on.....so many Scorpio's...scary thought, so many Scorps!

Comments on "Autumn 2005"

 

Blogger Deborah Nuckles said ... (1:43 PM) : 

Let's say, that I'm for lack of better words, Overwhelmed. D-I-L, I couldn't have said it better. You are...by no comparison a "True Scorp"...that's a very good compliment from one scorp to the next!

 

post a comment